Let the Sea | Set you Free | Shanyuan Beach | Taitung

During 2014 Summer,
I begin my working trip to Taiwan for 2 months.
It was definitely a wonderful Journey I had been.

I had an round island trip for 2 weeks by myself.
It has been almost 3 months since i back here,
people were asking me which part of Taiwan is the best.

I smile and reply:
everywhere as long there is STORY.

Taiwan east coast was one of the beautiful part I remember the most because of
the people I met and the story I discovered.
The sky of Taitung during my visit on Summer is so blue.
I love nature. sky. sea. shore.
because.
in still moments by the sea life seems large drawn and simple.



Nature.

People.

The use of sea and air is common to all; neither can a title to the ocean belong to anyone.
We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.
-William James


Along the east coast of the Taitung county,
Shanyuan Beach  is one of the place I dropby.
It located at east coast of Taiwan that located 12km north from the Taitung town.
The longest swimmable beach (1.5km long) between Hualien and Taitung County.
The clear water off Shanyuan are suitable for sailing, surfing and swimming.


It was a fantastic experience for me,
to meet this girl during my visit at Taitung.
With her bike, we made it to so many spots along the East Coast.
The winds, the sea, and the moving tides always remind me of the
spontaneous idea I ever had- to invite a-soon-to-be-friend stranger
to travel together.
If there is photos in my blog about the sea, it is not because I deliberately put it there,
but because there is story I wanted to share,
there is millions thanks I wanted to tell.


Time is more complex near to the sea than any other place.
Sea is as simple as sky to set us free.
The sea waves beat out the passage of time each and everytime on the rocks and shores.
The tide rise and fall as a reminder, as a memory.
Thanks for the guiding and companion for the day trip at taitung,
it was definitely one of the best day in my life.


Wishing you all the best in your future!
till we meet again! 





Apart from the beautiful scenery is current condition of the beach,
there is one issue I would like to highlight here.
The beach was supposed to be public use until the recent case which involve 
the  expropriation of the land issue between the big developers and the government.

The issue of the expropriation of private land and the public land happen almost
in everywhere. Taiwan is one the country that facing this kind of issue which the
developer (Miramar) try to occupy the public beach as their property.

Taitung locals continue fight for the beach since the development
will destroy the environment as well as the local's economy.
This is one of the local issue I face during my travel.
According to the news, Miramar declare their development to be 9 hectares but
they applied for expansion permits each year.
In the end, they had a resort 6 times the size of orinally plans without
Environmental Impact assessment (EIA)

Comments